Saturday, October 5, 2013

Capture your grief Day 4. Legacy

4. Legacy: Do you believe your child left a legacy behind? It could be something very simple but meaningful


I came across this sign at Hobby Lobby a few weeks back ( still waiting to get the entryway painted so I can finally hang it!) and it is perfect. Absolutely perfect. This is what Grace left behind. I never could have imagined how much of a lesson in grace I was going to receive through her. Never in a million years did I think my baby daughter could teach me as much as she did. She may not be alive today, but for the rest of my life, I will try to live my life half as well as she did.
There are many many things I learned from her, that I am actively trying to apply to my life, to the way I raise my boys but she taught me the most about grace.
Because of her, I try so hard to "give grace" I teach my boys to "give grace". Even when we don't want to, because it is what the Lord does for us, and it is what our Grace did for everyone. She has taught me to truly see the beauty and good and love in everything. Because of my daughter, I can love my sons and my husband, my family and friends,better. Because of my daughter, I can actually truly praise God through the storms, I can do things I didn't think I could. I want to live my life like she did. Truly full of Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment